GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO GIVE FH A TRY!
We are looking for field hockey players for the Fall season at Eastridge (especially players entering grades 9, 10 and 11). We graduated 13 seniors two years in a row! That means there is plenty of opportunity for new players. Our season starts 8/13 and usually ends the last week in October. If you have any interest in joining us this Fall, please send me a text or email ASAP (no later than Wednesday July 11). I will send you information on our program and instructions on how to sign up. No experience necessary. We can provide equipment.
CONTACT Coach Fischer email@example.com Cell/text 585-233-2105
JOIN US FOR OUR FREE EARLY MORNING TURF & WEIGHT ROOM WORKOUTS
We meet every Tuesday and Thursday June 26 - August 9 @EHS Stadium to play FH on the stadium turf and also to complete our professionally-developed conditioning and functional strength training (weight room) workouts. These workouts are suitable for girls involved in any type of sport. That means the workouts will be beneficial to you no matter what EHS sports team (if any) you choose to participate on this Fall. Our FREE Tu/Th sessions run 7:30-11:30am. No experience necessary. No equipment needed. This is a “drop in” program. Join us whenever you are in town and available. It is a lot of fun! It is also a great way to get in shape!! Send me a quick email or text message if you think you may want to stop by sometime. We’d love to have you join us!
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
If you choose to participate in our fun summer field hockey workouts, it DOES NOT mean you are making a commitment to play EHS field hockey in the Fall. It is 100% your decision whether you choose to continue with field hockey when our season starts on 8/13. No pressure whatsoever. If you choose to play another sport this Fall, we will wish you a happy season and cheer you on :)
If you are able to join us this summer, I think you will have a lot of fun. We’d love to have additional girls participating in our turf scrimmages. (So far, we have had 18-20 girls in grades 7-12 taking part in our FREE turf time and weight room training @EHS this summer.)
Join Us 7:30-11:30am this summer!
Field Hockey Turf Time &
Functional Strength Training / Weight Room Workouts
- Open to any East Irondequoit girl entering grades 7-12 who wants to play some field hockey this summer and do some weight room workouts
- No experience necessary
- Equipment can be provided
- Great way to get in shape for any sport!
***This is a drop-in program***
***Stop by any time you are in town & available.***
TUESDAYS : 6/26, 7/3, 7/10, 7/17, 7/31, 8/7
THURSDAYS: 6/28, 7/5, 7/12, 7/19, 7/26, 8/2, 8/9
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU THIS SUMMER
- Field hockey stick, goggles, shin guards (we have extras you can borrow)
- Mouth guard (we have extras to hand out)
- Wear turf shoes, cleats (rubber cleats only) or sneakers on turf
- MUST wear sneakers indoors (so PLEASE bring sneakers every day)
- Water bottle
- Healthy snack & beverage for our 30min break between turf time and weight room workout
- (peanut butter & jelly sandwich… bagel… banana or some other fruit… water or gatorade or some other electrolyte drink… are all good choices for the snack break)
***PLEASE ALSO WEAR SUNSCREEN***
VERY IMPORTANT: Drink plenty of water the night before AND eat breakfast and drink water before arriving at school in the morning.
A Few Things To Know About Our Current EHS Field Hockey Program
COACH FISCHER (Fall 2013 to present)
2018 will be the sixth season Coach Fischer is heading up the Eastridge Field Hockey program as Varsity Coach. She holds the following certifications:
- NYS Professional Coaching Certification
- United States Field Hockey Level 1 Coaching Certification
- Positive Coaching Alliance Certification
- NYS First Aid & CPR/AED Certification for Coaches
KEY VARSITY TEAM IMPROVEMENTS (Fall 2013 - Fall 2017)
While the EHS Varsity FH team has not achieved winning win-loss records in the past five seasons, the team has grown steadily more competitive each year with very close scores in all games and improved game stats. In the Fall 2016 season, for example, the team recorded the following improvements as compared to Fall 2014:
- 425% increase in goals scored (4 in 2014 v. 21 in 2016)
- 61% decrease in goals against (57 in 2014 v. 22 in 2016)
- 183% increase in shots on goal (42 in 2014 v. 119 in 2016)
- 58% decrease in shots against ( 234 in 2014 v. 99 in 2016)
PLAYER/TEAM/COACH AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS (Fall 2013 - Fall 2017)
- All County player selections - 10
- All Greater Rochester player selections - 2
- All State player selections - 2
- Senior All-Star Game selections - 11
- Section V Team Sportsmanship Award - 2014
- NYS Scholar Athlete Team Award - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Special Team Community Service Commendation from Town of Irondequoit - 2016 (for our annual team community service work to benefit the Willow Domestic Violence Center)
- Section V Division 2 Coach of the Year - 2016 (Coach Fischer)
# of EHS FH Players Who Went On To Play College FH
(Fall 2013 - Fall 2016)
- 5 EHS FH players (graduation years 2014-2017) have gone on to play Division III field hockey at their colleges
"Academics are a priority with Eastridge Field Hockey. Since I have been coaching, we have earned NYS Scholar Athlete Team status in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. Our average varsity team GPA in 2016 was 94.372; in 2017 our average varsity team GPA was 93.175." — Coach Fischer
If you think you may want to give Eastridge field hockey a try, send Coach Fischer a quick email or text ASAP (no later than Wednesday July 11). Coach Fischer will send you a team information packet as well as instructions on how to sign up for the Fall season. REMEMBER: We are looking for more players for this Fall — especially girls entering grades 9, 10 and 11. Our season starts August 13 and usually ends by October 31. No experience necessary. Equipment can be provided. We hope to hear from you!
Coach Fischer / EHS Field Hockey
firstname.lastname@example.org / Cell/text 585-233-2105