***CANCELED***Tuesday 3/13 4:30-6 or 6:15p VOLT WORKOUT***
EHS FH Volt weight room workout @EHS is CANCELED for Tuesday 3/13
Friday 3/16 3:30-5 or 5:15p VOLT WORKOUT
EHS FH Volt weight room workout @EHS
- Homework room in N6 starting at 2:30
SUNDAY evening 3/18 WEEK #2 WINTER FH League
WEEK #2 of Winter FH League @Empire United Soccer in Henrietta (2 EHS teams participating)
EHS1 plays EHS2 at 8:15p
Monday 3/19 MODIFIED FH BEGINS!
Modified (middle school) FH preseason begins (grades 7 & 8)
Monday 7/23 - Tuesday 7/24 - Wednesday 7/25
All American FH Camp @EHS Lancer Stadium
Eastridge High School FH preseason begins
A Note About Fall EHS & Spring EIMS Field Hockey Game Schedules:
For the Fall High School field hockey season AND for the Spring Middle School field hockey season: To make sure you always have the most up-to-date info on game dates/locations/times, you should rely on the Monroe County schedules website. You can even set up game alerts to notify you via text message of upcoming games and also any schedule changes. Below is a link to access the Monroe County schedules page:
VOLT Weight Room Training @EHS. PLEASE JOIN US Tuesdays & Thursdays
WHAT & WHEN: FH VOLT training for all FH players after school on Tuesdays and Fridays
COST: VOLT training is FREE to all FH players (the VOLT subscription is paid for with our general team fundraising account)
TIME: Tuesday training starts at 4:30 and runs to approximately 5:45-6pm. Friday training starts at 3:30 and runs to approximately 5-5:15pm
WHERE TO GO AFTER SCHOOL: There will be a FH homework room in N6.
WHEN DO I CHANGE CLOTHES: Please change into comfortable workout clothes after school and then go directly to N6. (FYI… you must wear sneakers for VOLT workouts)
N6 HOMEWORK ROOM: This homework room is a privilege. Use the time wisely to get your school work done. Bring a healthy snack and beverage with you to N6 (it is important to eat and hydrate before your VOLT workout). If a coach is unable to get to school in time for the homework room, the varsity FH captains will be in charge. If all participants cooperate and use the homework room wisely, the privilege will continue.
- If you are at all curious about VOLT training, please try to attend these beginning workouts. The first weeks start slowly with General Physical Preparedness (GPP) workouts that help prepare your body to start lifting weights. These are primarily body weight workouts. They can be challenging to do on your own, but can actually be fun in a group.
- Participation in VOLT workouts is voluntary and optional, but STRONGLY recommended for any player who is planning to play FH at EHS in the fall. We’d love 12th graders to participate as well. (NOTE: Obviously, if you are playing a winter sport, you can not do VOLT while you are in season. Best of luck with your winter sports season!).
- Everyone works at their own level. The really nice aspect of VOLT is that you do a workout that is designed specifically for you, but you still get to workout as a group (which is much more fun). See the attached documents for more info on individualized workouts and how VOLT training works.
- If you have questions about VOLT look at the VOLT video (link below)
Hope to see MANY JV and varsity players at our first VOLT whenever you are available!
2017 VOLT Video
Many thanks to everyone who attended our 2017 FH post-season party.
Please be sure to review all materials in your player packets (parents too). For players in grade 9-11, be sure to review your end of season tip sheet (this was included in your player packet).
Link to all videos shown at FH party:
EHS FH PLAYERS RECEIVE 2017 POST-SEASON HONORS
Hiba Ahmed: Select Senior Game participant
Briana Pedersen: Select Senior Game participant; named to 2nd Team All-County
Brianna Shone: Select Senior Game participant; named to 2nd Team All-County
Katie Kreiss: Select Senior Game participant; named to 1st Team All-County; named to All Greater Rochester; named to All State (one of only six spots awarded to Section V players)
This is the place for all information on East Irondequoit high school, middle school, elementary and alumnae field hockey news and events. If you have questions, contact Varsity Coach Trish Fischer.