Hello EHS and EIMS and LP/DE Field Hockey (FH) Players and Families. I have a few important FH updates today pertaining to indoor FH Sundays at Laurelton-Pardee gym. See details below. Feel free to share this email with any EHS & EIMS girls (as well as parents of LP/DE girls) who may want to participate. Contact me if you have questions. Thx, Coach Fischer / EHS Field Hockey Coach
***IMPORTANT: REVISED TIMES***
“Gym Floor Indoor” FH Sundays @Laurelton-Pardee
High School Players: 10am-12pm
EIMS & LP/DE Elementary Players: 1-3pm
WHY TWO DIFFERENT TIMES?
I am offering two different time blocks for indoor FH for two reasons: 1) To better accommodate EHS players who are also participating in EHS girls lacrosse Sundays (which run 1-3pm); and 2) To help grow participation among EIMS girls in our 1-3pm L-P gym time block as well as LP/DE girls in grades 3-4-5. EIMS players will get plenty of indoor FH scrimmage time between 1-3pm, but will also help to teach FH to the elementary players through skills training and coached scrimmages.
***NOTE: If any high school players stay to help with the 1-3 time block, I will greatly appreciate it.***
DETAILS for Gym Floor Indoor Sundays
Laurelton-Pardee Gym (enter at the doors closest to the gym… near the sledding hills… there will be a sign on the door)
DATES WE WILL BE OFFERING INDOOR FH at L-P GYM
Sundays 2/3/, 2/10, 2/17, 2/24, 3/3, 3/10, 3/17, 3/24, 3/31, 4/7
No pre-registration required
This is a drop-in program
Simply join us any Sunday you are in town and available!
***PLEASE help each other with transportation to and from L-P. Carpooling is a great solution to maximize participation***
WHEN TO ARRIVE & DEPART:
EHS Players arrive by 9:50am and get picked up by 12:15pm (or sooner, if necessary)
EIMS Players (grades 6-7-8) and LP/DE Elementary Players (grades 3-4-5) arrive by 12:50pm and get picked up by 3:15pm (or sooner, if necessary)
WHO IS IN CHARGE:
EHS & EIMS FH coaching staff (primarily Coach Fischer)
You can learn more about the coaches by clicking HERE
WHAT TO WEAR:
Comfortable workout clothes and you MUST wear sneakers
WHAT TO BRING:
FH equipment, if you have your own. Otherwise, we will have equipment to borrow: sticks, goggles and shin guards. And we will have extra mouth guards for anyone who needs one. PLEASE also bring a water bottle!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
A relaxed and fun atmosphere to play indoor FH with sideboards. We play music the entire time. There will be some skills training, but mostly fun coached scrimmages.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
This is a great “no pressure” opportunity to give FH a try with a welcoming and supportive group of players and coaches.
GREAT FOR EXPERIENCED EIMS & EHS PLAYERS!
Experienced FH players will have fun playing together and teaching the sport to others :) It is a great way for EIMS players to get in shape for their upcoming spring season. It is a fun way for way for high school players to get a conditioning workout, while also improving on stick skills.
WHAT TO DO IF WEATHER IS BAD:
If the weather is bad, we will cancel gym floor indoor FH by 8am. We will post a notice to the home page of the EHS FH website
If the weather looks questionable, PLEASE check the website before you leave home.
***PLEASE help each other with transportation to and from L-P. Carpooling is a great solution to maximize participation in our “Gym Floor Indoor” Sundays
Hello EHS FH Family! We will be starting our FH Volt sports performance training after school on Monday 1/7. Here’s what you need to know:
1) ARE YOU ON THE LIST? Send me a quick text (585-233-2105) to let me know if you plan to attend (FYI… So far the following people have told me they will attend: Kayla, Missy, Ollie, Cidney, Alina and Jackie)
2) WORKOUT START TIME: Workouts start promptly at 3:45
3) WORKOUT END TIME: Workouts end between 5:15-5:30
4) WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE: Coach Devine and I hope that all FH players who are not participating in a winter sport will consider joining us for Volt workouts on Mondays and Wednesdays 3:45-5:30. Please also consider bringing some friends with you!
5) COST: Volt training is FREE to you (and any friends you bring with you).We pay for the training program out of our general FH fundraising account.
6) BRING AN AFTER SCHOOL SNACK: It is important to have calories in you prior to participating in Volt workouts. Bring a healthy snack to eat after school (at least 30min prior to the start of our workout at 3:45)
7) BRING A WATER BOTTLE: It is important to stay hydrated throughout your Volt workouts.
8) WEAR COMFORTABLE WORKOUT CLOTHES: Please change into comfortable workout clothes for our Volt workouts. Do not wear the clothes that you wore to school.
9) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SNEAKERS: Sneakers are required in order to participate in Volt workouts.
10) HOMEWORK ROOM: We will have a homework room after school (most likely in N6 or N1). Please use your time wisely after school between dismissal and when we begin our Volt workout at 3:45. The FH homework room is a privilege. Please maintain a quiet environment so that your teammates can concentrate on homework. NOTE: I will send a TEAM TEXT during the day tomorrow after I confirm with the Athletic Director where our FH homework room will be located.
Again, let me know if you plan on joining us (my text is 585-233-2105). Look forward to seeing many of you after school tomorrow Thx, Coach Fischer
ALL COUNTY & SELECT SENIOR GAME RECOGNITIONS:
Anastasiya Cherepakha — 2nd Team All County
Cidney Hill — Select Senior Game participant
Maddy Setter — Select Senior Game participant
Many thanks to everyone who attended our 2018 FH post-season party.
Please be sure to review all materials in your player packets (parents too).
Link to all videos shown at FH party:
A Note About Fall EHS & Spring EIMS Field Hockey Game Schedules:
For the Fall High School field hockey season AND for the Spring Middle School field hockey season: To make sure you always have the most up-to-date info on game dates/locations/times, you should rely on the Monroe County schedules website. You can even set up game alerts to notify you via text message of upcoming games and also any schedule changes. Below is a link to access the Monroe County schedules page:
Hiba Ahmed: Select Senior Game participant
Briana Pedersen: Select Senior Game participant; named to 2nd Team All-County
Brianna Shone: Select Senior Game participant; named to 2nd Team All-County
Katie Kreiss: Select Senior Game participant; named to 1st Team All-County; named to All Greater Rochester; named to All State (one of only six spots awarded to Section V players)
This is the place for all information on East Irondequoit high school, middle school, elementary and alumnae field hockey news and events. If you have questions, contact Varsity Coach Trish Fischer.